About Me

My photo
On the bright side of the road
Lover of words. Usually found with a book or a pen in my hand.

Thursday, 28 October 2010

NaNoWriMo

Only three days and one evening until the start of the National Novel Writing Month challenge.  I think I'm prepared - but there's always more tweeking and I still haven't planned my chapters in detail - um, perhaps I need to spend the weekend with pencil in hand, frantically trying to connect brain and paper.  Just when I think I've got my plot sorted - up pops another 'what if'.  But I suppose that's the beauty and the point of NaNo - no time to second guess yourself or get stuck for hours of editing.  It's quantity over quality.  A very strange approach to creating a novel.............but my previous attempts have never reached the stage of total completion (let alone submission) so at least I'll complete 50,000 words and after editing hopefully have a manuscript worthy of submission.

Well that's the plan.....

No comments:

Post a Comment