About Me

My photo
On the bright side of the road
Lover of the written word, always writing and dreaming of that coveted book deal.

Sunday, 20 February 2011

Sister by Rosamund Lupton

Last month I read Sister by Rosamund Lupton which is one of the best reads I've had in a long time.  I became immersed in the story and it is one of those books that I was sad to put down at the finish.  I love it when a book can do that to me.

The other day a friend gave me an article she had read in the Daily Mail about Ms Lupton and how Sister was created....and it is such a lovely story.

A housewife with two small children, Rosamund explored ways of going back to work in order to ease the financial burden on her over-worked husband.  Of course, employment had to fit around the children and so it was that she decided to write a book.  After just three chapters she sent it to an agent who liked it.  From there Sister has realised publication, going into the top ten in its first week and remaining there for fourteen weeks.  It has been featured on Radio 4's Book at Bedtime and chosen by Richard and Judy for their Book Club.  And the icing on the cake - film rights have been sold.

I find Rosamund Lupton's story inspiring.  She wanted to write a book, and she did.  No procrastination or hours spent 'studying the market', she just got on and did it.

So what am I waiting for?  I'm heading back to my novel right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment